ISO/IEC 27001:2013 INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 specifies the necessities for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and constantly improving an information security management system (ISMS) for any organization, regardless of type or size. In today’s worldwide economy, every business must have a system in place to maintain the discretion, integrity, and availability of information. This will include a company’s own information as well as client information and other interested parties. In a progressively more interconnected world, the wisdom of doing this cannot be overestimated.
ISO/IEC 27001 offers a model to establish, implement, maintain and constantly progress risk-managed ISMS. The design and accomplishment of the management system is tailored to the organization’s objectives, information assets, operational procedure and governing legal and regulatory security needs.
Benefits of ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Offer customers and stakeholders with confidence in how you manage risk
- Permits you to make sure you are meeting your legal obligations
- Keeps confidential information safe
- Offer you with a competitive advantage
- Permits for secure exchange of information
- Builds a culture of security
- Supports you to comply with other regulations (e.g. SOX)
- Enhanced customer approval that develops client retention
- Protects the company, assets, shareholders and directors
- Consistency in the delivery of your service or product
- Manages and minimizes risk exposure